Employees are responsible for obtaining and completing the following paperwork/forms and presenting them at the hiring appointment:
Teachers, principals and instructional support staff are responsible for all of the above clearances/paperwork/forms and:
- Act 71: Society for the Prevention of Teen Suicide training (Act 71 training is required ONLY for teachers, school counselors, principals, assistant principals, climate managers, supportive services assistants, special education assistants, teacher assistants, classroom assistants. A guide to register for that training is found here.)
- Transcripts: You must submit official sealed transcripts documenting your degree(s).
- Professional Certificate: Instructional staff must have their original professional certificate.
- PA Instructional Certification
- Copy of Resume
- Original, Signed Offer Letter
- Masters Transcript/Updated salary quote including Masters salary (if applicable) 1
- Salary Credit (if applicable )2
- Assignment Slip (distributed in hiring appointment)
- Teacher Contract (distributed in hiring appointment)
- Routing Slip (distributed in hiring appointment)
- Prior Experience Forms (distributed in hiring appointment)
- New Employee Acknowledgement (distributed in hiring appointment)
1 If you have a master’s degree, masters plus thirty additional credits or a doctorate degree, you may receive salary credit. Official sealed transcripts are required for proof of advanced credits and degrees. Credit for advanced degrees and credits will be paid upon presentation of sealed official transcripts.
2 You may receive salary credit by verification of prior teaching experience. Please bring complete information so that your prior teaching experience can be verified, including the address, phone number, fax number and email addresses of all previous employers. We cannot provide a final salary until we get back verification of prior experience, which we will have you complete when you come in for on-boarding.