The School District of Philadelphia is committed to transforming the education opportunities it offers the city’s 200,000 school-aged children. The district seeks school leaders who have a passion for working with children and leading innovation to ensure all students achieve. With a diverse complement of over 200 schools, the district offers a wide range of school leadership opportunities. Successful District principals and assistant principals are highly motivated, persistent and creative educators who are able to align a school’s resources, systems and people around a rigorous instructional program. A school leadership position in the district provides the chance to be an integral part of an urban education renewal effort from its inception. Will you join us?
School Leadership Overview
Why Choose Philly?
- Culturally Rich: Philadelphia is home to world-renowned museums, historical landmarks, awesome venues, and gorgeous gardens
- Family Friendly: Families discover the magic of each season with Philadelphia’s extensive list of family-friendly events, performances, and attractions
- Outdoor Oasis: Philadelphia boasts year-round beauty, incredible public gardens, and 4100 acres of scenic bike trails, waterfront, and woodlands
- Extraordinary Dining: More than a decade of development has transformed Philadelphia’s dining scene, and it continues to emerge as one of the country’s finest culinary destinations
- Proximity: In addition to all that Philadelphia has to offer, it’s centrally located, so it is easy to hop on a train, catch the bus, or drive to New York City, Baltimore, and Washington D.C.