This summer, the School District of Philadelphia expects to hire nearly 1,400 SDP employees to serve almost 5,000 students over the summer. Summer programs are even more important this year, as we have more time between school years. ESY and other programs will provide vital services to students so that they enter School Year 2019-2020 with the best foot forward. Support student learning with us this summer!
The online application system will be used for:
- Assistant Principals
- Classrooms Assistants
- Occupational Therapists
- Physical Therapists
- School Nurses
- Sign Language Interpreters
- Student Climate Staff
- Speech Therapists
- More information will be forthcoming for Food Services, Bus Attendants and School Police Officers. Please watch your email for more information!
- Food Services: Summer applications for monitors and site employees will be going out at the end of March. Info on the Food Services summer application will be sent via email and will be for FSWIII, Leads and utility workers only at this time.
- Bus Attendants: Transportation will be in touch with all Bus Attendants about working over the summer once routes are identified.
- School Police Officers: Summer opportunities for SPO are handled by a seniority bid process. Bids will be held the last day of work and all attendees can accept any summer position available.
Application and Selection Timeline
- Check back in February 2020 for information about Summer 2020 staffing.
- All employees will apply via the SDP Employee Portal. There will be no paper applications or in-person selection sessions.
- Log into the SDP Employee Portal with your current SDP username and password to apply.
- Launch the Summer Programs icon to open up the program and follow the instructions in the Summer Selection System Users Guide.
- While the online system is open you will have the ability to make as many changes to your selections as is needed. However, after the application system closes, you will not be able to access the online Summer Program system or make any changes to your selections.
- If you do not find an answer to your questions in the Program Information and FAQs, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond within two business days.
Thank you for your interest in summer programs and your service to the children of Philadelphia!