Office Menu:

Substitute Services

Apply for a Substitute Position

Kelly Educational Staffing® (KES®) is proud to partner with the School District of Philadelphia to provide exceptional substitute teachers, assistants and food service workers. Together, we promise a brand new day for the faculty, administrators, substitute employees, and most importantly, the students of this great city. If you are looking for meaningful part-time work in education, this is the perfect opportunity for you.  With more than 200 schools and the need for approximately 1,000 substitutes each day, there are plenty of options for you to work as frequently as you’d like.

KES Substitutes Employees Will Enjoy:

  • Competitive Pay: we will revert pay rates back to original school district rates
  • Our commitment to never limit hours
  • Weekly electronic pay options
  • 401(k) opportunities
  • Free pre-hire training
  • Paid orientation
  • Free ongoing professional development courses
  • Employee reward and recognition programs
  • An experienced KES Philadelphia team dedicated to supporting any needs and answering any questions you have
  • A toll-free scheduling support team available from 5 a.m. – 8 p.m. EST
  • Ongoing work assignments when school is not in session

*Additionally, retired teachers are eligible to work as substitute employees for Kelly Educational Staffing without impacting their PSERS pension benefits!

Classes of Substitutes

The School District of Philadelphia (not KES) will continue to employ the following classes of substitutes. If you are interested in applying to work in any of these positions, please complete the application, gather all required hiring documents and schedule an appointment for processing by calling 215-400-SUBS (7827).

  • Nurses – Additional Documents Needed:
    • Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing (BSN) from an accredited college or university
    • PA Registered Professional Nurse License
    • Apply Here
  • General Cleaners – Additional Documents Needed:
  • School Psychologists – Additional Documents Needed:
    • Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university
    • Valid Commonwealth of PA certificate to act as a School Psychologist
    • Apply Here
  • Principals (for absences extending past 10 business days ONLY) – Additional Documents Needed:
    • Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university
    • Commonwealth of PA Principal Certificate

Last modified: July 27, 2017