Why Teach in Philadelphia?
- Make a profound impact. Philadelphia’s teachers help students reimagine what is possible by equipping them with the skills and knowledge they need to graduate from high school ready for college and career.
- Be a part of our history. Every day, Philadelphia’s community of educators rise to meet new challenges with dedication and innovation, determined to create a system of equitable schools.
- Endless opportunities for growth. First year teachers participate in new teacher orientation programs and receive support in the classroom from a dedicated coach to help them reach their full potential—while helping their students do the same.
Why teach at Edison High School?
- Edison High School provides a family-like atmosphere for its 1,300 students and 150 teachers, staff and members of the community.
- Edison is dedicated to maximizing the potential of all students and providing them with the academic and social skills necessary for success. They imagine greatness with no excuses!
- All stakeholders at the school are deeply committed to ensuring that no child will be left behind. Through their emphasis on technology, inquiry-based learning, and vocational skills, they strive to prepare students for both further education and entry into the employment market.
- You’d be joining a staff of over 70 teachers to support you in your development!
What are the certification requirements?
- Pennsylvania Instructional Certification in Biology 7-12 content area or out of state certification in Biology that can be transferred to Pennsylvania
- Candidates who are in the process of completing a certification in Biology may be eligible for an Emergency Certification
Submit your application today if you’re ready to join us in redefining the school experience for all of Philadelphia’s students!