Salary Information for Incoming Teachers, Counselors, Nurses, and Clinical Staff
New teachers, counselors, nurses, and clinical staff (Occupational Therapist, Physical Therapist, Psychologists) are eligible for salary increase for Education and/or Prior Experience if you have an advance degree and/or two or more years of satisfactory full time work experience as a teacher or counselor. Please be sure to review our Prior Experience Policy.
Important things to Note:
- The salary quoted in your offer letter is based on the information on your resume you provided to the recruitment team and is subject to change. In order to receive the salary quoted your educational institution(s) and previous employer(s) must verify your credentials and experience.
- This is a PFT Union position the salary is based on your experience and education and is non-negotiable.
- PFT Policy-Professional Experience, A Teacher, who enters the service of The School District of Philadelphia and has approved professional experience outside of the Philadelphia Public Schools, shall receive credit on a salary schedule for such years less one (1) year.
- It is the candidates’ responsibility to ensure that our education and prior experience are verified in order to receive this salary.
- Prior Experience must be independently verified and received by your former employer(s)
- Forms must be completed and received by your former employer(s) authorized Human Resources Representative.
- Forms cannot be accept or received by a candidate/new hire.
- Once your past employer(s) have returned the forms to the School District of Philadelphia you will receive a salary letter via email. Please allow up to two weeks for processing your salary adjustment.
- As we receive multiple verifications your letter will be revise as we receive the additional forms.
- Salary adjustments received after your start date are eligible for retro active payment if they are received within 60 days of your star date. Any adjustments received after the 60 days are effective at the beginning of the pay period in which they are received.