Summer 2021 Staffing
ADDITIONAL SUMMER ’21 OPPORTUNITIES!
Employees who do not yet have summer assignments, including currently appointed instructional staff who serve on an aligned emergency permit, are invited to apply for additional Summer 2021 Opportunities! Available assignments are listed by program, certification area and location here (link).
Application deadline: This Sunday, 5/23/21, by 11:59PM
The School District of Philadelphia is excited to invite current District employees to apply for Summer 2021 Extended School Year, Summer Learning Program and Summer Credit Recovery positions. The School District of Philadelphia anticipates offering comprehensive programming and services to approximately 8,000 students this Summer through Extended School Year and the Office of Academic Support Summer Learning Program and Summer Credit Recovery. Staff like you are critical to delivering high quality summer programming in order to increase the opportunities for students to succeed during the school year.
- Apply online starting on Thursday, April 8, 2021, at 2:00 PM
- Employees must apply to summer opportunities based on title and certification.
- See the Application Guide (sidebar) for step-by-step instructions
- Application deadline: Tuesday, May 4, 2021, at 11:59 PM
- Employees may edit their selections at any time before the deadline.
- The District is reopening the summer application to allow additional staff members who do not yet have a summer assignment to apply for a selection of roles. This opportunity is now being extended to currently appointed instructional staff who serve on an aligned emergency permit. Interested employees are highly encouraged to apply through the Employee Portal by 11:59PM on Sunday, 5/23/2021. Available assignments are listed by program, certification area and location here (link).
Updates for Summer 2021
- Sites will be managed according to Health and Safety protocols as outlined in the District’s Advancing Education Safely plan. These guidelines include CDC-aligned requirements for physical distancing, room capacity, cleaning and ventilation, etc. More details on the current plan can be located via our website: https://www.philasd.org/coronavirus/schoolstart2020/
- All staff will be expected to serve in-person.
- All students will participate in-person in accordance with Health and Safety protocols. Frequently asked questions regarding Health and Safety Protocols are on the District’s website (link to FAQ).
- Sites will be organized throughout the city to serve students entering grades 1-12. In the online application, employees will be able to see opportunities that match their title and/or certification.
- Interested applicants are welcome to join the Office of Academics for info sessions from 4-5PM on Wednesday, April 21st (https://tinyurl.com/SDPsummeinfosession0421, passcode 340275) and Monday, April 26th (https://tinyurl.com/SDPsummerinfosession0426, passcode 306142) to hear more about academic programming, staff support and health and safety protocol.
- Interested applicants are welcome to join the Office of Academics for info sessions from 4-5PM on Wednesday, April 21st and Monday, April 26th to hear more about academic programming, staff support and health and safety protocol.
- Applicants will have the option to select from a number of sites in the application process. The District has created three groups, or tiers, of sites for the Summer Learning Program. Sites in Tier 2 and 3 will only open if there is sufficient student enrollment. Please reference the locations list in the sidebar for Tier 2 and 3 sites. Staff are encouraged to apply to Tier 1 sites first but applying to Tier 2 and 3 sites will increase chances of placement.
- There will be expanded opportunities for Student Climate Staff and new opportunities for Climate Managers.
- The following employees will use the online application: Assistant Principals, Bilingual Counseling Assistants, Classroom Assistants, Climate Managers, Counselors, Nurses, Related Service Providers (OT, PT, Speech), Secretaries, Student Climate Staff, and Teachers.
- Roles that will be selected through independent selection processes (TIV or other screening): *NEW* Kindergarten Transition Teachers, Deaf and Hard of Hearing Classroom Assistants and Teachers, Food Services, Instruction in Home Teachers, Material Inventory Assistants, Roster Chairs/Schedulers, School Safety Officers, Sign Language Interpreters, Teacher Leaders & EL Point Persons, Transportation, and Vocational Itinerants